After my initial impression of vac forming I wanted to explore ‘boundaries’, as that’s the first thought that I had when I was being taught about the process and work it can produce.
Although the boundaries I was thinking of at the time were physical I feel like it might be interesting to think about all of the kinds of boundaries there are and how these could be represented in a physical piece.
- not being able to go somewhere due to a restriction, i.e. unable to visit a country due to certain laws
- not being able to do something due to a physical boundary, i.e. unable to run due to a leg related physical disability
- not being able to have something due to a restriction, i.e. unable to have nuts due to being allergic
- not being able to say something due to fear/apprehension
- not being able to understand something due to lack of knowledge or mental disability
- not being able to have a good state of mental health due to mental illness
- not being able to do something because of your race/gender/religion/sexuality/age etc
- not being able to do something due to your social status/financial situation etc
I will be looking more into these boundaries and how they could possibly be represented within art.